The World of Human Towers
We form the base and... up, up!
Experience the adventure of castells (human towers) which prove the saying that unity is strength.
Castells have been declared Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity by the UNESCO.
Vilafranca del Penedès is, on its own merits, the "Top Town for Castells" because its marvellous Plaça de la Vila has played host to some of the most important castells performances in history.
The high point of the castells calendar in Vilafranca is the patron saint's day of Sant Fèlix, on 30 August, but there are other occasions, such as fairs or festivals where castells performances are featured events.
The three colles (groups) of Vilafranca are: the Castellers de Vilafranca, the Xicots de Vilafranca and the Colla Jove dels Xiquets de Vilafranca.They also offer special performances when celebrating their own patron saints' days.
- El Roser Castells Performance Day
- Festival of the castells group Xicots de Vilafranca. Performance of castells
- Sant Mique Castells Performance Day
- Patron saint of the castells group Castellers de Vilafranca. Performance of castells.
- All Saints Castells Performance Day
- 1 November
- Performance of castells featuring the Castellers de Vilafranca, which closes the castells season in Vilafranca.
More information on groups and their rehearsals at: