Bar a Vins, urban wine and tapes tour
The best way of getting to know our town, its traditions and culture through wine
Discover Vilafranca del Penedès with our urban wine and tapas tour
Do you enjoy wine culture? We bring you our new wine tourism offering, a stroll around the streets of our Wine Capital and a 100% urban proposal. Bar a Vins is a wine and tapas tour of the most emblematic culinary establishment around the pedestrian streets and squares that define Vilafranca del Penedès’ historical heritage. The most original way to discover our town.
Please enjoy wine in moderation
...a glass of DO Penedès wine and a tapa
- Cal Figarot: Skewer with foie, iberian ham and prawn
- Casino: Crashed eggs over fried potato cubes and truffle-scented Maldon salt or homemade Iberian ham and Burgundy mushrooms croquette duo.
- Cèntric Gastro Bar: Confit artichoke with foie gras, confit onion and Iberian ham.
- El Convent: Penedès Rooster Rolls.
- El Coro: Bergues (homemade breaded chicken strips).
- El Purgatori: Galicia octopus or truffled eggs on a bed of potatoes and shavings of Iberian ham or Iberian ham or Manchego cheese.
- Grill 9 : Aubergine mille-feuille with tomato gratin and foie grasshavings with Mascaró liquor or payés butifarra cold cut open sandwich.
- L’Àngelus: Coca bread with Iberian ham.
- La Garnatxa: Chopped cod nose with romesco sauce.
- La Rambla: Homemade patatas bravas with our sauce.
- La Terrassa del Mercat: Rooster wing from Penedès with PGI in marinade.
- La Taverna de Vinseum: Maó cheese
- Platets: Camembert delicacies with tomato jam and soy sauce or artisan cod fritters with allioli of candied garlic.
- Romaní: Romaní potatoes
- Taverna Inzolia: Penedès roast cockerel pâté
- Taverna Sant Joan: Mushrooms with gorgonzola cheese.